Are Minervax and typhoid vaccinations mandatory for a 21 month old baby?

Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question: hi,
my son is 21 months..I have put all vaccinations except typhoid and Minerva....we r starting to u.s by this week...I just wanted to know the importance about Minervax vaccination and is it mandatory ????...I m not sure about the name of the vaccination ...pls suggest ...is it fine if I put typhoid vaccination and end up with it???
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not mandatory.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

Minervax is a Group B Streptococcus Vaccine, the efficacy of which is still in trial. It is not an essential or mandatory vaccine.
You can read more about it at:
http://www.epmmagazine.com/news/minervax-announces-gbs-trial/

A typhoid vaccine is also not a mandatory vaccine. If given, it offers an immunity for only two years and therefore needs to be repeated every two years. Unless mandated by immigrant criteria, you can skip it for the time being.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician