Are Hydrocodone and Morphine advisable during pregnancy?

Question
IS IT OK TO TAKE HYDROCODONE 5/325 WHILE YOU ARE PREGNANT or morphine 60 mg

can you take this medication in your second trimester
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Avoid having it.

Detailed Answer:
Hydrocodone or Morphine are best if avoided during the pregnancy. Babies are at greater risk of having a neural tube birth defect if their mothers take opioids, prescription painkillers such as oxycodone (OxyContin and generic) and hydrocodone combined with acetaminophen (Lortab, Vicodin and generic) during pregnancy. You can have a mild pain killer like Aleve or Tylenol to deal with pain during pregnancy.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
I hope this answers your query.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal