Are HIV seroconversion rashes itchy?
Rashes of seroconversion illness are usually minimally itching
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
Sero-conversion illness used to occur with 50-70% of the infected individuals and 'FLU' like picture is a common presentation. It has no exclusive or specific character for this HIV Acute infection. So often it goes unnoticed or undiagnosed.
Rashes in HIV in seroconversion illness is just like that of any other viral exantheme rash. It will not be itching. Some individuals might have very minimal itching.
Severe pruritic lesions occur in later stages of HIV.
Without a HIV blood test (by symptoms alone) nobody can fix or rule out HIV
Early HIV rashes would be reddish or pinkish in color. It would be just a macular (not palpable) or mild palpable morbilifom than any other type. The rashes described by you not well fit with this description. So it could unlikely be due to HIV. You could upload the picture in this HCM site, so that we can discuss more. But no definite opinion can be given without a blood test for HIV. Discussing all probabilities will lead to mental disturbance. The only ideal thing is to get examined for HIV with appropriate blood test at appropriate time.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hiv rash is itchy or noitchy
- Drugs/medication for hiv seroconversion
- Diagnosis of hiv seroconversion
- Treatment and cure for hiv seroconversion
- Prickly itchy hiv rash
- Causes for late seroconversion in case of hiv
- Stuffy nose hiv seroconversion
- Symptoms of hiv seroconversion
- Hiv seroconversion causes
- Itchy blotchy rash hiv
- Itching on penis and sides of it. What medication is recommended?
- Red rashes appeared on penis head. Tested negative for STD. On...
- Red burning scrotum. Taking Gabapin with no relief. Need immediate cure
- Hair fall, burning, hurting, itchy scalp with intermittent occurrence of...
- Itching sensation around vaginal area, used wipes. Butt is itching,...
- Dark spot on organ, rashes, itchy at night, may be syphilis
- Stomach rash, itchy, not taking medication, no change in diet. Any...
- Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should...
- Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum in pubic region, cryotherapy done....
- How soon am I contagious after having contact with herpes? How long...