question-icon

Are HIV Combo Negative Test Results Conclusive?

Posted on Mon, 6 Nov 2017
Question: Dear doctor thanks for your prominent support to my queries I have taken another HIV combo test at 43 days and the results were negative but the test was taken at the same lab where I initially took the test at 4 weeks time. Speaking of the test so can I be confident or conclusive that I have negative since I have taken to test at two different intervals considering the same lab. Also I was told that the test was taken using HIV combo test kit and not some machines.
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
No further test for HIV is necessary for you.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again to HCM.
You have the test after window period for HIV detection. But the widow period can be delayed with some individuals up to 12 weeks. As I have told already that you are free from HIV 1 infection. It is doubly sure and this 4th generation COMBO test is most reliable test. Moreover you had a protected oral sex. There is no risk for HIV transmission with protected oral sex. So I feel that no further test for HIV is necessary for you. Forget about that incident and go ahead with your normal routine happily.
Good luck.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan (18 hours later)
Thanks doctor I have attached photos of my penis where I can see some pimple like bumps in skin colour and white dots which came again and is available for a long time could you pls advise what it is
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Please send once again.

Detailed Answer:
WELCOME BACK.
NO PHOTOS AVAILABLE IN THE SITE. I am not able to see any photos
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. S. Murugan (3 hours later)
Attached in the reports tab now can you please check the same
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Conditions are not related to your sexual act.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
I saw the pictures sent by you. Two types of things I had noticed. Both are absolutely not related to your sexual activity. They would likely be persisted even prior to this act and you would not have noticed at all. They are not having any clinical importance.
One, the grouped skin color papules over the inner aspect of foreskin is called as Fordy's spots or pappules. They are nothing but ectopic sebaceous glands and would have been seen in some individuals. The white color papular eruptions arranged in rows over the glans penis are called as pearly penile pappules (PPP). Certain individuals would have more dense lesions of PPP. Both will remain in future also and will not do any harm either to you or your sexual partner, rather it will add extra pleasure for your partner during sex. If you want to get rid of the same, you can try laser procedure from a Dermatologist cum dermato surgeon. But my opinion is to ignore the same.
Dr S.Murugan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist