Are HIV Elisa Tests Reliable?
You are free from HIV infection.
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
Thanks for posting your query.
Window period for HIV is within 12 weeks after the risky contact. So your non-reactive HIV ELISA done 6 months after the exposure is highly reliable. Almost all the HIV tests available in the market are highly reliable to the extent of 97 % or more. So you are free from HIV infection and not to worry about the same. You can very well get the report within 2 hours.
Dr S Murugan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hiv negative after 5 weeks by elisa
- Flow chart of hiv test through elisa
- False positive hiv elisa
- Difference between direct and sandwich elisa
- Hbsag test result by elisa
- Which is the best tridot or elisa
- Which test is better for hiv meia or elisa
- Which method is reliable eclia or elisa
- How accurate is 11th week elisa
- Reference values for hiv elisa