Are Escherichia coli harmful?
E coli normally present in colon
Welcome to healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Many of the bacteria ingested orally are destroyed by protective mechanism of body like hydrochloric acid of stomach. It is naturally secreted to help in food digestion , it also serves to destroy the harmful micro organism swallowed. If the load of bacteria is large and the bacteria is pathogenic its likely to result in gastro intestinal tract. It is also worth mentioning that E coli bacteria is normal resident flora of colon and rectum , its only some of the strains of bacteria cause infection.
I could not understand the first part of your query: How much bacteria causes E coli? It would be very helpful if you could clarify your query , so that I am able to assist you better.
Awaiting your response
Dr Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Escherichia coli dichotomous key
- Escherichia coli wound infection
- Escherichia coli is effective to streptomycin
- Escherichia coli in cervix
- Escherichia coli in pregnant
- Hydrocele adults escherichia coli
- Escherichia coli penis
- Escherichia coli in third trimester
- Escherichia coli in puss
- Escherichia coli in wound