Are Cefuroxime, Cetirizine, Fluticasone and Zyrtec advisable for severe sore throat?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Question
i week ago a very strong sore throat started. i was told by 2 walk in dr. centers to take
cefuroxime 500mg tablet twice a day.
cetirizine 10mg tablet twice a day
fluticasone 50mcg naval spray (could not use , it would not spray)
my daughter then bought over the counter ----zyrtec pill which actually was a spray and
flonose which was also a spray, i am very very confused.
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Throat swab culture and sensitivity test will help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
After reading your post, I would suggest that you should continue with Cefuroxime 500 twice daily along with Cetrizine 10 mg once a day preferably at late evening/night. Also add a Vitamin B and C supplement. These are available on prescription. So consult the local doctor for prescription.

Use nasal spray if there is congestion in nose.
A throat swab culture and sensitivity test will help in planning further medical management.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.