Are Cal D, Salmon omega and Tri iron the right medicines for ovary infection?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: my age is 35 last year i got pregnancy after 9 year of my marriage but that time blooding started suddenly so with doctors suggestion we had abort . after that i consult doctor they take some taste.in their opinion I had some infection and some kind of swiling on ovary. still i am taking medicines for this problem beside this I am also takeing amways medicines like salmon omega, cal D,TRI IRON all that package. this medicines are right for me? or for fast ressult which medicines I can take? please suggest me.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
BEFORE MEDICATIONS, WORKUP IS NEEDED.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
What tests have you undergone so far ?
Since when are you trying for a child again ?
The medications you are taking are just supplements, and not fertility boosters.
According to me you should have the following workup done -
1. Take daily folic acid 5mg .
2. Maintain healthy BMI.
3. Get your husband's semen analysis done.
4. Get your ovulation monitoring done - tracking growth of egg follicle via serial pelvic ultrasounds.
5. If 3 - 6 cycles of follicular monitoring and timed intercourse fail, then go for a laparoscopy to check patency of your fallopian tubes.
6. Histopathology of the previous abortion products of conception should be carried out.
7. Complete blood count, viral markers, thalassemia screening, TSH, OGTT ( sugar testing ) - should be done.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.