Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

152 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Are BP readings of 210/120, 170/110 besides other fluctuating readings dangerously high?

Answered by
Dr. Bhanu Partap


Practicing since :2010

Answered : 2414 Questions

Posted on Tue, 24 Jul 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi Doctor,
A very good morning.

My father recently had a BP check up at appolo hospital, XXXXXXX and the reading were noted as 170/110.

Later he did the check up again and the readings came out to be 210/120 and 200/110.

he is continuously thinking about it and we are worrying this may have serious impacts on his healtth.

Also, is it normal if there are fluctuations during the day or does he need to check his BP 4 to 5 times a day.

Adding to this there are no symptoms which can help us to identify the problem.

Could you please suggest on this?


Hi Doctor,
Thank you for your suggestion.
Can you suggest any specialist in Hyderabad?


Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its a medical Emergency

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX

After going through the medical details of your father i would like to tell you that any blood pressure reading above 180/110 is a medical emergency and needs urgent attention in a medical care setup.

As you fathers bp is 210/120 so its definately a medical emergency and you need to take him to a hospital emergency as soon as possible even if he dont have any symptoms to avoid any devastating complications as he will be requiring IV medications to lower his blood pressure to a certain extent.

There is no need to repeatedly check blood pressure when it goes so high.

Kindly take it seriously.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap


Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
XXXX, XXXXXXX do have many do cardiac centers like care cardiac center and many more. Personally i dont know any cardiologist over there but am sure you can easily find one just go to any reputed cardiac or multispeciality hospital.

Feel free to ask if you have any more doubts or else you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

In future if you need my opinion kindly write my name in your query first.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on