Are Azithromycin, Ciprodex and steroid injections effective at treating damaged eardrums?
of my chest. I went to Walk-in Clinic. I think, I've blown out my eardrum from coughing. I've lost hearing
in that ear. The Dr. said, I had an ear infection. He gave me a prescription of: Azithromycin Tab 250mg.
1st. day, take 2, then one/daily for 3 more days. He also gave me Ciprodex Sus 0.3.0 1% ear drops along with a Steroid injection. Is this going to heal my damaged ear and loss of hearing?
it treats the infection
As you explain the history the ENT doctor is treating you for an ear infection. Steroids help to reduce the inflammation of the ear itself and thus in improving hearing.
But after the treatment, you should do an examination called Audiogram which is specific for hearing and its evaluation.
I wish a fast recovery for you and I hope to have been helpful
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Jnikolla, Pulmonologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of ciprodex
- Ciprodex and ruptured eardrum
- Ciprodex for eardrum perforation
- Is redness of skin a side effect of ciprodex?
- Will ciprodex treat otitis externa, chronic ?
- Side effect of Ciprodex otic
- What does ciprodex treat
- Ciprodex to treat pink eye
- Ciprodex for popped eardrum
- Ciprodex bad for perforated eardrum
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?