Are Asthakind-P drops and D-Tus syrup safe for an infant for cold?
Avoid these drugs for simple cough and cold in infants
I appreciate your concerns regarding these drugs for use in infants. We usually avoid them before 2 years of age (unless absolutely necessary).
For cough and cold you may give your little one Maxtra or T minic drops as they are better and safe in this age at recommended dosages. Give acetaminophen or Paracetamol if fever spikes are present.
Hopefully it will be of help. I would be happy to help you in any further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Under what conditions should breastfeeding be restricted to infant?
- What causes absence seizures after adenoid and tonsil removal?
- Suggest treatment for sleep movement disorder
- Is HSV infection as dangerous as HIV infection?
- Suggest treatment for persistent fever and frequent urination
- Can Lanzol be given along with milk to a 3 year old?
- What causes fever after vaccination in child?
- What causes swellings on back of head in a toddler?
- Is it safe to give Spark energy drink to children?
- Is burning sensation in throat after eating hot food a cause for concern?