Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Applied protopic and it is burning. Can a woman contract vaginal eczema?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Can a woman contract vaginal eczema?

She has never been diagnosed as such however the P.A prescribed pro topic and shortly after applying the area was on fire and spreading.
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Eczema affects skin surfaces

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query.
Usually eczema won't affect the vagina.
Because eczema only affects skin and vagina will be lined with mucosa.
And eczema is not contagious.
You once confirm regarding the diagnosis.
If she is having lesions over vulva, that can be eczema.
If she is having problem with immunosuppressive cream, with your doctor's advice she can go for low dose corticosteroids, antihistamines, emollients etc.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor