Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Any treatment for tanned skin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 520 Questions

My name is XXXXXXX and i am 24 year old. When i was born , I was born with a very fair skin,however after3-4 years ,i fell ill and after that my skin color started getting dark and now it is very dark.
No one in my family has a dark skin except me.So is there any way to get back original color of my skin.

Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 27 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
I would like to inform you that it may not be possible to regain the skin colour that you were born with. Change in skin colour that occurs early in life is not reversible.
Nevertheless, I would suggest that you to use a broad spectrum sunscreen 2-3 times daily to prevent further tanning.
Additionally, you may also consider getting mild chemical peels like glycolic acid peel. It gives a glow and freshness to your skin. I would suggest that your consult a dermatologist in person regarding this.
Further, have a healthy and balanced diet and include fruits in your diet. Take plenty of oral fluids to flush out the toxins.
I hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor