Any natural way to get relief from stomach cramp and sick feeling?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: i have a son whom has been taking soboxone for opiate withdrawls and has ran out of the soboxone is there any natural relieve that he can take to get the stomach from cramping and the sick feeling?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
To relieve the stomach cramping and the sick feeling, you can give him an over the counter antispsmodic and an anti emetic like domperidone.
These might help to improve his symptoms to some extent for some time.
Giving a melatonin supplement will help in having some sleep and thus reducing the symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
i would like to know where i can find these products and will they help in a long term he has no health insurance i am scared myself to go to sleep in case he gets sick during the night can i find these products in a local pharmacy?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
These products may provide him relief for the time being. For the long term relief you will have to consult a physician for proper prescription medicines. You can get these over the counter at your nearest pharmacy.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 hours later
Dear Doctor, i went to a walgreens pharmacy to see if i could pick up those medicines you told me about but the only one i could get over the counter was the melatonin for sleep the doraphonine is not an over the counter drug according to the pharmasist there. the other two drugs were not even drugs according to the woman. So no i am not happy with your answer , but thank you
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 hours later
I hope you can get colpermin, peppermint oil or buscopan for relief.
For nausea, you can get Pepto bismol or Kaopectate.
Regards.