Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Any exercise for weight gain? Treatment for erectile dysfunction?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1853 Questions
Hello Doctor, please read all of this carefully, I know it's long but please bare with me because these are the things that I am concerned with the most

I want to know if there is any exercises I can do to grow taller such as decompressing my spine to gain height or doing exercises that stretches the bone in my legs to make it longer. I am turning 21 years old soon and I am only 5'1 and a male, which makes me very sad because I am even shorter than the average women. It is very embarassing and people always made fun of my height all the time. I am pretty sure my growth plates have already fused since I stopped growing at the age of 15. Is it possible to make the bone in my leg to become longer by doing pull ups with weights attached to my leg? I have done some research and I found out I can create something called "microfractures" in the bone of my leg by running or doing pull ups with weights attached to my legs and then at night I sleep with my legs hanging down with weights attached so the gravity can stretch the gaps in the microfractures in my bone and when the bone heals and consolidates then it can become longer. Is this possible? If yes, how long do I have to do it to gain noticeable height? Also, do you know any exercises for the spine that I can do to straighten the spine and decompress it. I notice that I am half an inch taller in the morning than at night because at night the spine decompresses since I'm laying down. Are there any exercises to keep the morning height for the whole day? Please let me know any way that could help me grow taller...

Also, I have a completely unrelated question.

I been suffering from weak erections since I was 12 years old. It happened overnight, when I was sleeping on the floor. The next morning when I woke up, I noticed my erection wasn't as hard as it was before. Ever since that night, I been having weak erections and it seems to be getting worse and worse. I don't have morning erections anymore, and I have trouble maintaining an erection. When I masturbate, if I stop stimulation, my erection goes down very quickly, in about 10 seconds I become soft again. It is very embarassing and I am scared to get intimate with women because of this embarassing problem. I went to the urologist and he ordered a blood and urine test and he said everything was normal so he refused to do a doppler or do an injection because my insurance company would not cover for it since I am young and I had no injury. I am VERY sure this is a physical problem...I think I might have a venous leak or maybe peyronies, because I'm starting to see my penis shortening..I don't know if its because the venous leak is getting worse which causes the blood to escape the veins more so that I can't get to my full size or if its just my penis bending because of peyronies..this has affected me greatly and I really want to fix this problem but I feel like my hands are tied since the doctor said I can't really do anything besides get another blood and urine test..and he said if insurance wont pay for the doppler and injection than I can pay it out of my pocket but it will cost around 1000$ something, which is money I don't have right now..what should I do? I feel like the urologist doesn't believe me because he thinks I am too young to have this problem but I think its because back when I was 12 years old I overmasturbated which could cause a venous leak..

Please show me what I should do next, I really want to get treated for this problem, how can I make the doctor believe that it is a physical problem and not a mental problem?

Also one last question, if it is a venous leak, can it be cured through surgery?

And I apologize for asking too many questions.

Thank you doctor.

Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.

I can understand your concern related to sexual functioning as it is very distressing condition.

Please provide me following information which will help me to understand your case and help you better:
•     What is your weight
•     Any history hormonal imbalance
•     Do you have anxiety or depression as it affect erection in young age
•     Are you sexually active
•     Do you have pain during erection
•     Do you have problem in erection in penis
•     Duration of your problem
•     Age at which sexual activity was started
•     Frequency of sexual activity
•     Drug name and doses used by you for this problem

But let me assure you masturbation does not affect erection in long term. Sexual dysfunctions are very much treatable and I will guide you to overcome it in best possible means.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor