Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Anger management problem,nose bleed,head ache

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12749 Questions
my grandson is 10 yrs. old he has a anger problem and when he gets in trouble he gets so angry his head severly hurts. This time he has had a nose bleed on and off today and when I got on to him his nose started to bleed and a sever headack. What is causing it. Please help me so I can help him.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.

Extreme anger in children can be incidental or may be associated with bipolar disorder or ADHD.

Bleeding from nose after getting angry with severe headache means that the anger is causing a sudden rise in his blood pressure leading to nose bleeds and increased intracranial tension causing headache.
Such an anger may be pathological.

It needs to be treated with the help of behavioural therapy by a psychotherapist. You can also try to distract his attention whenever he is about to get angry. Anger control has to be learned after behavioural modifications.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor