Anaemic during pregnancy and after giving birth also. Advised to take ferrous sulfate daily. Having gastritis. Advise?
Hello and thank you for sending your question.
At this time you have a very mild anemia but you do have a moderate degree of iron deficiency. One of the things that contributes to I am deficiency is menstrual bleeding. It might take a few more months for your iron level to be restored near normal. I would continue taking iron three times daily as prescribed by your doctor. One of the ways that you can help absorb iron is to take vitamin C with each dose of iron. The acid content of the vitamin C will help your body absorb the iron.
Your doctor can repeat your blood count and iron levels in a couple of months. I would anticipate that you can discontinue the iron within the next six months or so.
Again your anemia is mild but you do have a moderate iron deficiency which is appropriately manage by your primary care doctor.
Thanks again for sending a question. Please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance in the future.
Hello again. It is possible that iron deficiency can cause a multitude of symptoms. This might range from. Fatigue too restless legs.
It might take a couple of months before your periods return to normal again.
I would continue to try to take the iron three times daily. Again try to take it with some vitamin C so that it gets absorbed more easily.
Thank you again for sending your question. I am confident that you'll feel better and better over the next several weeks and months.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to relieve gastritis pain during pregnancy
- When is ferrous sulfate given during pregnancy
- Ferrous sulfate during pregnancy 325mg
- Is it safe to take ferrous sulfate anhydrous during pregnancy
- Risk of gastritis during pregnancy
- Lysozyme tablets for gastritis during pregnancy
- Gastritis during first trimester pregnancy
- Gastritis pregnancy
- Gastritis in first trimester of pregnancy
- Having gastritis during pregnancy
- What does "biapical pleural thickening through the lung apices" in CT...
- Muscle mass, lack of facial hair, male breasts, testosterone, hormonal...
- Bells palsy, minor trauma, medication, platelet function, bleeding, bruises
- Eye weakness, viral infection, nerve weakness in eye, bells palsy
- No period for 9 months, high prolactin levels, microandenoma,...
- Is pregnancy possible with inconsistent pregnancy test results and heavy...
- Can Plan B cause spotting and blood clots in urine ?
- Salt in Chinese food, tachycardia, pulse rate 150, BP under control
- How can genetically obtained dry skin be treated ?
- Diabetes, high BP, renal failure, serum creatinine high, loss of...