Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Am pregnant, have bleeding. What do I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
preganatmy name is XXXXXX 40 yrs old and 2 month preganat not yet seen by my GBY. please my question for 3 days now I keep having a little blood stain. what do I do.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply for your query:

1) First I suggest you to confirm your pregnancy by doing blood test called beta hCG. This is an accurate test to confirm pregnancy if it was there.

2) Alternatively please get transvaginal ultrasound scan to see gestational sac and fetal cardiac activity. This will confirm the vaiability of your pregnancy and check the possibility of abortion since you are bleeding.

3) If there is confirmed pregnancy, you need to start on supportive medications (eg. progesterone tablets and injections) which will be prescribed by your gynecologist.

4) You also need to start medication of folic acid which is an essential suppliment for safe pregnancy.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.


Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Am pregnant, have bleeding. What do I do? 4 hours later
Thanks for a wonderful answer. Just came back from emergency my hcg is 664 to follow up within 48th hours.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
Hi, congratulations on being pregnant. Please repeat the test after 48 hours to check doubling value of beta hCG. PLease accept my answer & close the query since you are satisfied. Do provide your valuable feed back. All the best. Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor