Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Am pregnant, do not want to continue, taken Registrome, no periods yet. Can you help?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I got conceived. but as iam already blessed with two kids i do not want to continue this actual my menses date should come on XXXXXXX 09th but it did not. I have checked it through pregnant kit on 21st XXXXXXX and it showed positive. i have consulted a doctor and she suggested me to take 3 pills of registrome per day for three days. and stop. i did the same but did not get the periods. now iam afraid if 3rd month comes in it will be difficult for me to remove the pregnancy. so can u help me out in the aspect. plzzzzzzzz do the favour.
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.

you didn't mention whether you told to your doctor that you are pregnant,
because she kept you on regestrone, which is a synthetic progesterone,
it is used in case of delayed periods due to progesterone deficiency, after stopping the drug withdrawal bleeding will occur.
but in case of pregnancy it won't help as progesterone maintains the pregnancy,
you have to take tablets for abortion.

now what you can do is,
consult your doctor again,
tell about positive pregnancy test,
undergo ultrasound to estimate the gestational age and to rule out ectopic pregnancy,
then with her advice go for medical termination of abortion(according to your menstrual history it could be around 7 weeks),
if your gestational age is more(according to scan) for medical termination then she will recommend further options.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor