Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Always having right lower abdominal pain. What are the underlying causes?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX my name is XXXX and am 24 yrs old. Am always feeling pain in my right lower abdominal pain. this is really worrying me. Thank you
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: NEED PROPER CLINICAL EVALUATION & INVESTIGATION. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Irregular period and right lower abdominal pain may be due to several causes like ovarian cyst or Poly Cystic Ovary, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), Fibroid or Adenomyosis, endometriosis, Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) etc. Other medical condition like ulcerative or amoebic colitis, peptic ulcer, appendix origin, renal colic, constipation etc can be the precipitating causes of constant right sided abdominal pain. Here, I suggest to undergo one pelvic ultrasound scan and hormone test to rule out underlying organic diseases to narrow down causes of irregular period and lower abdominal pain. You must consult with gynecologist for proper guidance and clinical evaluation. Some other relevant investigations like GI Endoscopy or colonoscopy, blood test, urine examination, stool test etc may be required on the basis of primary reports to rule out medical conditions (if any). In such case, you have to consult with Gastroenterlogist for proper management. In the mean time, you must take balanced diet and avoid fatty food, don't stay in empty stomach, drink plenty of water (2.5-3 lit/day), keep bowel habit regular and avoid mental stress. Until you get an appointment to your doctor, you can take some anti-spasmodic medicine like Drotaverine 2-3 times daily and PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitor) group of antacid in empty stomach. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need further clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor