Alt reading of 135 and fibroscan was 10.3 kPa. Serum
You should stop drinking completely
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor. Your results indicate significant inflammation and fibrosis of the liver already. The main treatment for NAFLD is weight loss if you are overweight. We usually recommend losing 5-7% of your body weight at a rate of 0.5 to 1 kg per week through diet and exercise. If that is not successful after 6 months, bariatric surgery or medications to help lose weight may be discussed. Also, if you have diabetes, there are certain medications that can be better for the liver than others.
It is very important for you not to drink alcohol. The amount of damage alcohol has on your liver is proportional to the amount you drink, but at this point any alcohol intake is going to affect your liver and likely worsen the inflammation and fibrosis.
It may be that eventually you will develop cirrhosis from this disease, but with weight loss and abstaining from alcohol, hopefully you can prevent the disease from progressing to this for as long as possible.
I hope that helps answer your question, please let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to help any way I can.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining