All of a sudden, my face starts intensely itching. It
Need some more details...
I understand you been facing some uncomfortable symptoms. I would like a few more details before I can make an assessment.
1. How long have you been dealing with this problem?
2. It seems like the symptoms are intermittent. If yes, how long do each symptoms last? Do you notice any factors that triggers / relieves symptoms?
3. Do you notice other symptoms such as skin dryness, rashes, sleeplessness, irritability, anxiety or any others?
4. Are the symptoms limited only to the face?
5. When was your last menstrual period?
What type of hysterectomy was performed?
May I know what type of hysterectomy was performed? Was it total or radical. The difference here is that ovaries are preserved in total hysterectomy while it is not with radical hysterectomy.
The symptoms of random intermittent intense heating and itching coupled with all the symptoms could be related to hormonal changes - particularly estrogen. Though this type of symptoms arising from hormonal changes typically are seen in women betwwen 45 - 55 age group, depending on how long estrogen hormones are secreted, the symptoms may occur after 61 years, as in your case. Besides estrogen deficiency, thyroid hormone disturbances should also be ruled out. After a clinical and laboratory evaluation, the doctor might decide on starting hormone supplements to take care of the problem.
Therefore in my opinion the first step towards treatment starts with a visit to a gynecologist. I will recommend you consider this one and opt to see the doctor very soon.
I apologies for the late reply as I was away with family during the weekend. And I hope my answer is satisfactory. I will be available for clarifications.