All medical test normal except marginal low level of iron and vitamin D. Any suggestion?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: Please discard my previuos query as I was not aware of the fact that the option to attach the reports with a query is available in the next step, thus I have gone ahead and pasted my entire report in this section itself.

Further, I attaching two routine health check-up reports with this query. I need the general consultation on these.
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 4 hours later

Welcome XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in.

I have gone through your reports.
In your reports, there is marginal low level of iron and vitamin D. Rest all investigations as kidney function test , liver function test, cholesterol profile, vitamin and hormonal level and complete blood counts are absolutely normal.

Your wife reports shows decreased iron, TIBC and percentage saturation. It is suggestive of mild iron deficiency anaemia. Also her Vitamin D level and calcium are marginally low. Rest all investigations are normal.

You both need to start iron supplements in form of vitamin D supplements . Please consult your physician for the same and maintain follow up of only limited investigation. No need to do complete work up again.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern please let me know.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan