Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Alcoholic. Experiencing chest pain. Blood test showed elevated levels of cpk. Related?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 319 Questions
My son is 25 years old and has a drinking problem (which is mostly on the weekends). We have been trying to get him into treatment with not much success. He has been ill for the past two weeks with some chest pain and a blood test has shown elevated levels of ck. Could this be related to his drinking problem? Note, that during the week he has a hard phsical job and tries to stay in athletic condition for his soccer team, by running in the cold and pushing his body hard physically. It is like he is trying to live both worlds. I am concerned that he needs to let his doctor know about his lifestyle more clearly.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 31 minutes later

Can you send over the reports if you have access to it ? RAISED CPK with chest pain is significant... has an ECG been done ? What does the report say ? Can you send over the ECG if you can.

He needs to quit alcohol and reduce his strain for a while... you surely need to discuss this with his doctor. Binge drinking ... is equally harmful as regular alcohol intake.

Hope this was helpful. If you send your reports I can help you even more

Dr. Om lakhani. MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Addiction Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor