Age 37 male no BP SUGAR. past 3 days suffering

Psychiatrist
Question
Age 37 male no BP SUGAR. past 3 days suffering from acidity & gaestric trouble. lot of burping & farting . feeling uneasy. im a heavy smoker(2packs a day) & took booze yesterday & day before. no motion problems. little bit food intake & feeling stomach is heavier a lot due to gas. early mornings severe acidity in the stomach. suggest me proper medication plz.
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Omeprazole 20 mg can be used

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description there is possibility of gastritis due to external causes such as smoking, alcohol among others.

Although it is important to avoid offending agents but it is equally important to use medication for temporary relief till body mechanisms heal the confition.

In my opinion use of omeprazole 20 mg for three days twice a day may help you. It is over the counter medication and can be purchased without prescription.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.

Follow-up: Age 37 male no BP SUGAR. past 3 days suffering 3 hours later
also sir i am getting severe cough with a bit of phlem with wheeze in the early mornings like 4am or 5am. and snoring also is getting louder. plz suggest medication.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is possibility of asthma

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

Presence of sputum, wheezing and early morning cough indicates possibility of either bronchial asthma or cardiac asthma. Both of the conditions are completely different and need different form of treatment. I will request you to see a doctor for proper physical examination and diagnosis which will guide the course of treatment. This is very important as treatment offered for cardiac asthma worsen the bronchial asthma and treatment for bronchial asthma worsen the cardiac asthma.

Presence of snoring can present in both cardiac as well as respiratory disorders in addition to other disorders such as obesity. The treatment is again decided as per the cause and there is no empirical treatment suggested.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks again.

Follow-up: Age 37 male no BP SUGAR. past 3 days suffering 14 hours later
doctor sir suggest me some syrup or any tablet for cough for immmediate relief...after that i will get examined myself with a doc.

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Grilictus can be used

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for reverting back to me.

I am sorry to know that despite feeling unwell you are not taking your health seriously which can lead to lot of complications for you. Although I do not feel you should take any medication without personally consulting doctor in such situation but on your insistence I can say that syp. grilictus can be used. For adults often dose requirement is 2tsf per day.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks again.