Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Age 18, Height 5.4. Want increase height. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
Hii doctor my name is XXXXXXX iam my age is18 my height is 5 4 i mean 163 cm in which my legs are 81 n upper body is 82 i want to increse my height
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

According to your upper limb and lower limb ratio there is no discrepancy. so this indicates that there is no hormonal problem.

Medicine available in market for increasing height are not evidence based and we dont recommend those medicine. At your age of 18 body growth is completed and less chance of increasing height naturally.

Limb lengthening operation [Ilizarov surgery] can achieve up to 12 to 15 cm limb length. It involves operative risk and you should be aware of possibility of complication which may occur after surgery.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor