Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

168 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

After unprotected sex noticed brown painless spots on thighs. What could it be?

Answered by
Dr. Sree Gouri SR


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 5164 Questions

Posted on Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: A couple of weeks after having unprotected sex I noticed flat pink-light brownish spots on the insides of my upper thighs. They are close to my groin, do not itch, are not raised, there is no pain and they vary in size with the largest being about the size of a fingertip. Some days they appear darker and some days a couple of them will look like they are just dry spots. I have had them for just over 2 mos now. They have not spread. I sit for about 10-12 hours a day for work & my commute. My job is VERY stressful & I'm carrying an extra 10 lbs since I have stopped exercising almost a year ago. I have not been tested for stds since my encounter. Does this sound more like a fungal thing or std?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Coagulation abnormalities, syphilis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. -According to your description, there is somewhat less possibility for sexually transmitted diseases. Because symptoms appeared few weeks after intercourse and there are no any associated symptoms like vaginal discharge, fever, lymphnodal enlargement etc. - But one possibility is secondary syphilis. Which presents with rash over moist areas like groin. But usually associated symptoms like fever, lymphnodal swelling, muscle aches etc accompany it. -Blood coagulatory problems can present with red spots. - Intake of anticoagulant drugs like aspirin can present with these type of spots. So, consult gynecologist once and get examined. If she recommends go for VDRL test to diagnose the possibility of syphilis and blood coagulation profile. Possibly with this workup the cause for your problem can be identified and treated. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 minutes later
I do have a swollen lymph node near my bikini line as well .
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Better to get examined once Detailed Answer: Hi, Sometimes rash due to secondary syphilis may present as you are having. And as there is swollen lymph node also, better to get examined. Consult gynecologist once and get examined. Go for serological testing for syphilis. This will possibly help in diagnosing the cause of the problem. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  

Recent questions on  Syphilis

doctor1 MD

Have a friend age 24, who has being leaving for last 10 years with symptoms like for syphilis and tried to advice him to get tested and treated all in vein. What are the severe health related complication is likely to get and is it possible for him to get treated when he tested positive?

doctor1 MD

is it possible that a person can acquire such tpha positive without a sexual intercourse experience? what is the normal range for titer for tpha in adults? is it possible that beyond normal range tpha titer will be diagnosed to have syphilis?thank you very much.

doctor1 MD

A few months ago i got a terrible rash on my face. This morning I woke up and the rash had returned. The skin around my nose feels thick and itchy, the skin on my cheeks around my nose turns red and swollen and my lips swell out and become very itchy and burn slightly. Last night i did use poppers quite a bit. I have used poppers in the past, and never had this reaction. However I get the feeling that these poppers which we bought are sub-standard and I have developed an allergic reaction to them. Several months ago I was treated for syphilis after being in China, and my immune system took a knock. It was after that time which I had my first reaction to poppers, this is the second time. What can I use to calm the skin

doctor1 MD

I had unprotected sex with my new girlfriend about 4 weeks ago, the first week I used sulfur soap by accident on that area when the skin was still recovering from use. I got a horrible irritation but now it is gone. The discomfort came back, and for a few days I had pain that came and went on my testicles and on my glans. Now the testicle pain is gone, but the discomfort continues on my penis, the skin seems to be different and after masturbation the skin looked extremely wrinkled and silky with a few red dots. I got checked for Chlamydia, Syphilis, HIV, and gonorrhea Last week and all the results were negative. I have had a shifting discomfort in that area for a while now and I have been wondering what I have? My penis feels like it has something, I have no pain during urination and I don't think I have had random discharge either.

doctor1 MD

My wife fears that she may have been exposed to syphilis about 5 years ago. In 2015, she had the RPR screen and FT-ABS screen and both came back as negative / non-reactive. Attached are some photos of rashes on her arms and legs that have...

doctor1 MD

My wife has had sores on her arms and legs for about 1 year. They're not painful unless she picks at them. When she does pick at them, there's a small, hard, round ball that comes off. Attached is a photo. Any ideas what this could be?

doctor1 MD

My wife has sores on her arms and legs. She also recently has been complaining about her bones aching. Occasionally she will experience tightness in her chest. What could be causing this?