After how many days of exposure do symptoms of syphilis and gonorrhoea appear?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I received unprotected oral sex from an escort 10 days ago. This morning I saw a small scab on my penis I picked it off and the skin under it feels normal. No scar and no firm flesh. I have also noticed a tingling sensation on the left side of my penis for several days but no blisters or bumps have appeared. Finally I have not shown any signs of gonnorhea.

How concerned should I be about having contracted HSV1 or 2, Syphilis, or gonnorhea. How much longer should I wait to get tested?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend testing as soon as or if any new symptoms appear

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The infections you are speaking about start displaying symptoms a few days after exposure and usually appear within the first month from the exposure.

So as far as I know the chances of an STD are less, but let us wait for another 2 weeks and then decide then. In the meantime, keep a close watch on all your presentations and report them to me immediately.

I look forward to hearing only good news and hope you have escaped this with good health. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.