Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

After how many days after sex should I take STD test?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
hi doc due to anxiety just had a sex with a sex lasted 25 mins, initially condom was ok. wore two infact. towards the end due to some reason it got broke. then that worker immediately pulled out.then i was doing it in side ways.I am afraid whether STD affected. Can u confirm something had happeneed already? If i need to get tested, after how many days i should get tested which gives accurate results? aand which hosp to visit? plz advise the next course of action. is there any precaution tablet to take now immediately? if so plz advise.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: test after 3 mths Detailed Answer: Hello, if the condom tore, there can always be a risk of disease. There is not much you can do right now. You should test for hiv after 3mths. Other infections like syphilis etc should be tested only if you show symptoms.Every lab will do these tests. You can go the state hospital.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor