question-icon

After 2 clamps put in my prostate area, I ve

Posted on Sat, 26 Jan 2019
Question: After 2 clamps put in my prostate area, I've recently had different bowel movements; a sensation in my abdomen, pelvic and rectum area. When passing waste, it's harder to evacuate! Is there any cause for medical attention? Thanks! (I am passing urine better now)

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar (35 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
No, it's usual.

Detailed Answer:
Hello there,
Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service,
I've gone through your query in details,
I can understand your concerns,

Please note that our body is a closed system and whenever any external thing is inserted into it takes time to cope with that. The clamps inserted must be exerting some extra pressure into the surrounding area hence causing mild uneasiness. It would take a few days for your body to get used to it.

So as off now until the pain is severe or there is blood, no need to worry.

Hope I was helpful, feel free to ask further.

Thanks!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist