After 10 days of s risk situation i made an
This means Indeterminate Western Blot test.
Hello and welcome to 'Ask a Doctor' service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Based on your data, you should know that Western Blot (WB) tests should always be after having done Elisa test because alone WB tests have a 2% rate of false-positives.
You should know that when a western blot test show just p24 that means Indeterminate WESTERN BLOT test.
Having a negative result of the PCR test is very good news.
I suggest just to repeat the test with Elisa and WB test after 2 months.
Hope I have answered your query. Feel free to ask further.
The Western Blot Test showed much more like: gp160, gp120, p66, p55, gp41, p39, p31, p17 b ut they are all negativ - only p24 is positive.
So does the result of my pcr test not count?
what exactly means that it shows p24? What could be the reason?
I can't wait 2 months with such a big chance having HIV. What other tests can I do?
I suggest to do a 4 th generation HIV test .
Hello and welcome in"Ask a Doctor".
I am sorry for my late response.
You should know that a positive WB must contain two of the three major bands: anti-gp160=120, anti-p41 and anti-p24 .The absence of any visible bands indicates a negative or nonreactive result.
Having just a positive anti p24 means that this test is indeterminate and you should test again.
I suggest to do a 4 th generation HIV test after 4 weeks and than after 3 months from the risky exposure as a conclusive test.
Hope I have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can HIV be contracted from biting someone on the clothing?
- Suggest treatment for fever, lack of appetite and loose stool
- Suggest treatment for persistent headache while on antibiotics
- Suggest treatment for recurrent malaria
- What does my IGG result report indicate?
- What causes lymph node swelling while treating tuberculosis?
- Can HIV be contracted through oral sex?
- Suggest treatment for red bumps on the vaginal lips and inner groin area
- Suggest treatment for severe sore throat and jaw pain
- Is HIV RNA test done 2 weeks post exposure conclusive?