Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Affected severely with cellulitis in leg. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
My father has affected severely with cellulitis in his left leg. Please suggest to which specialist should I consult for the his treatment. Currently we are in chennai.TN
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 3 hours later
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Cellulitis is usually treated by General Surgeon.
Almost all cases may be managed by him.

Generally he can treat by himself. At times a physician reference is done - he will need blood count, blood sugar tests. Rarely, a dermatologist might have to see.

Chennai is a huge metropolis... If there is a surgeon (MS or DNB - General surgery) near you residence, go to him.
If your father has any other associated illness - like sugar, pressure and so on - admit him in any multi-speciality tertiary care hospital - nearby - for a few days - all under one roof and he will be taken care of.

Take care
Wishing him speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor