Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Advised to take mebiz and ibset tablets. Passed motion, feeling too hungry and mild giddiness. Should I continue the tablets?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 1524 Questions
what for we use mebiz ?
my doctor gave me to use mebiz and ibset tablets
i want to know what for these medicines used i had those two tablets(mebiz and ibset) after lunch, two hours later felt like going to pass motion, passed the motion and felt too hungry and week with mild giddiness
can i continue those tablets which are given my geostroentrologist
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
You should take these medicine if diagnosis is IBS

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

These medicines are usually prescribed in patients with IBS (mebeverine and it is a antispasmodic with mild anticholinergic side effects. So it is used in mild abdominal pain

Ibset is used in patients with somewhat loose stool and it acts as antisecretory agent

Mild giddiness and weakness may be due to overall generalized weakness you must be having, otherwise these two medications have very minimal side effects overall.

So if you are suffering from the symptoms which I have mentioned above in use of these medicines without alarming features like weight loss, any bleed from GI tract then please continue with these medicines

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor