Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Advised surgery for teeth infection. Take Ketarol medicine for pain. How to get rid of this problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 77 Questions
Hi there, I am XXXXX from JLL-Global Hub. I am havinf an infection inside the teeth from quite a long time and I have consulted one of Dentist so he said I have to ubndego with a surgery. The pain develops sometimes when I drink/eat and when pain gets untolerable then I take Ketarol medicine. Please advice me the best way to get rid of this problem or if surgery can be avoided and problem can be cured from medication. Thank you in advance for your kind help. Regards, XXXXX
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Madaan, Hi, after going through y Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Madaan, Hi, after going through your explanation I assume the tooth is indicated for root canal treatment, cap [crown] and apisectomy [cutting of the root end] or just removal of cyst. the infection inside the tooth can not be cured only with medication, medications are for symptomatic relief and etiologic factors have to be eliminated by the above mentioned treatment. I am not sure whether you need apisectomy / cyst removal. If you have IOPA x-ray / OPG x-ray it will convenient to interpret. If there is no cyst formation then only root canal treatment + cap will suffice. I hope this suggestion helps you, if you have anything to be clarified further I am happily available. with happy regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor