Advised fertyl-m and paternia to increase sperm count, morphology and motility. Any advice?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi i am 32 year old and was married couple of years ago.we have no children as of now and recently when i was asked to take the semen test it was found that my count is low about 33 million/ml and toal sperm count 66 million per ejaculation.The normal morphology is 12 %,head defects 40%,neck mid piece defect is 26 %,cytoplasmic droplets is 5 %.Motility results are rapid = 5 %,slow progressive = 50 %,immotile =40 %,motile =55 %non progressive=5%. my doctor advised me to take fertyl-m and paternia for 2 months. are there any other medicines which i should take apart from this to increse my sperm count, morphology& motility...pl advise...XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

I read your problems and understand your concerns. Following is my reply:

1) Your sperm count is within normal limits. But sperm motility is little low.

2) You are taking correct treatment. Please continue the medication for 2 months as per your doctor's advice. There is no need to add anymore medications.

3) Please repeat the semen analysis from a standard reputed lab after 2 months to know the improvement.

4) Since your count is normal, I advice you to get your wife also tested. Please perform simple test called HSG which helps to know the status of fallopian tubes.

I hope I answered your query.

regards,
Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan