Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Advised fertyl-m and paternia to increase sperm count, morphology and motility. Any advice?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
Hi i am 32 year old and was married couple of years ago.we have no children as of now and recently when i was asked to take the semen test it was found that my count is low about 33 million/ml and toal sperm count 66 million per ejaculation.The normal morphology is 12 %,head defects 40%,neck mid piece defect is 26 %,cytoplasmic droplets is 5 %.Motility results are rapid = 5 %,slow progressive = 50 %,immotile =40 %,motile =55 %non progressive=5%. my doctor advised me to take fertyl-m and paternia for 2 months. are there any other medicines which i should take apart from this to increse my sperm count, morphology& advise...XXXXXXX
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

I read your problems and understand your concerns. Following is my reply:

1) Your sperm count is within normal limits. But sperm motility is little low.

2) You are taking correct treatment. Please continue the medication for 2 months as per your doctor's advice. There is no need to add anymore medications.

3) Please repeat the semen analysis from a standard reputed lab after 2 months to know the improvement.

4) Since your count is normal, I advice you to get your wife also tested. Please perform simple test called HSG which helps to know the status of fallopian tubes.

I hope I answered your query.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor