Advice to reduce tummy fat

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: Hi, i want to reduce my tummy fat. Plz advice as to what we should eat and which exercise is required to reduce fat.
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 27 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

Your question is one which needs a detailed reply after considering a lot of factors and is basically out of scope for a forum like this

Yet I will guide you what you need to do and what data you need to collect before going to a specialist

Here are few queries:
1] What is your weight ?
2] What is your height ?
3] What is your diet pattern?
4] Is this going in your family?
5] Have you got any investigations like thyroid etc done ?

You need to avoid fatty meals, fermented meals and junk food
Exercise regularly atleast 20 minutes 5 days a week

All this depends on your Body Composition Analysis and BMI [Body Mass Index]

Go to a proper dietician and that too regularly if you want to reduce and maintain

This is not a one time consultation

Hope I have replied to your satisfaction
Get Well Soon