Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
Welcome to Health Care Magic
Adderall is a stimulant medicine. It contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. It is used in a number of psychiatric disorders and also used as recreational purpose. It is a main drug of abuse in youngsters. It cause intense stimulation and euphoria, but overdose may lead to severe Psychosis also.
Adderall induced psychosis is also called as Stimulant Psychosis. It is an acute psychosis. Fortunately it responds to treatment. Usual course is 3-7 days. I would advise you to please take him to hospital for evaluation. If he is calm and not violent then you can keep him at home and just provide supportive care and proper nutrition, but if psychotic features increase then treatment is must.
Drugs as antipsychotics as Haloperidol, Olanzapine, Resperidone etc are very useful in such type of Psychosis. Patients usually responds in a day or two. Usually patent is discharged in a week. Watch for any vomiting, hyperarousal, violent behavior, self harm, disorientation, loss of consciousness.
Hope I cleared your doubt, If you have more questions you can ask again.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drug induced psychosis
- How long does it take to cure psychosis
- How long does pump psychosis last
- Icu psychosis how long
- Marijuana induced psychosis recovery
- Lsd induced psychosis
- Symptoms of drug induced psychosis
- Morphine induced psychosis
- Aderall induced psychosis how long will the effects last
- Stimulant induced psychosis
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?