Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and have burnt inside mouth
Thanks for posting this query to me. I read the details of your query with diligence and my comments are as follows:
1. I understand that you have pain and difficulty in chewing. However, the cause is unclear. The concerns could be related to stomatitis/mucositis secondary to traumatic injury or due to a more concerning issue known as oral submucous fibrosis (OSF).
2. OSF occurs due to an hypersensitivity process from tobacco. A qualified oral pathologist/ENT surgeon can identify this condition based on clinical presentation and biopsy of the oral mucosa.
3. OSF could be a progressive condition that requires submucous hydrocortisone injections; whereas mucositis would gradually improve with oral paint , good oral hygiene.
4. Therefore, I suggest you to discuss with a competent oral pathologist/ENT doctor and learn about your condition and process of healing.
5. Lastly multivitamin supplements - b complex and c containing medications benefit both the conditions. Please add them to your list of current medication. I also hope you have stopped tobacco in all forms.
Hope I provided you with an eagles eye view of your condition. Let me know if you have any specific concerns.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Burnt lips inside mouth
- Strep throat unable to open mouth
- Burnt mouth swollen gums
- Unable to open mouth fully tobacco use
- Burnt feeling inside mouth
- Painful jaw unable to open mouth
- Mouth inside gum hearts
- Mouth ulcer unable to open jaw
- Tobacco infection unable to open full mouth
- Unable to open the mouth completely