Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Addicted to masturbation. Noticed sperm in urine. How to cure this problem?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
I am 27 years old, I am addict to masturbation and doing it for past 13 years. Noway days I am doing it more than 3 times day. since I Planned to get married soon. I have stopped masturbating since 2 days. Today I have noticed the sperm in my urine. Really I felt its serious issue. Please advice me to overcome this problem. And please suggest whether I can get married in next year. If I get married I can able to satisfy my partner and my penis size is too small and too soft. Really I am worried about this.. How can I come out this problem..Please advice
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Masturbation is considered as a part of normal human sexual behaviour and is very common among young males. However, it becomes a problem when it becomes excessive and addictive. In your case, it appears that your practice of masturbation is excessive and you yourself feel that it has become an addiction. Moreover, if you don't learn to have control over it, it can cause problems when you get married. So, I would give you the following suggestions to overcome your problem:

- Firstly, try to keep your mind active and occupied at all times. When the mind is idle, it will tend to wander away to sexual thoughts. So, keep a busy scedule so that you don't let your mind have any idle time. You can find a new hobby or learn something new (like a new sport or a musical instrument) or you can take up a new assignment at work.

- Regular physical exercise is very important. You can join a gym or have your own exercise schedule. This will not only keep your body healthy but serve as a good outlet to let out to vent out your energy.

- Make specific plans and goals for your future. You have to make short-term and long-term goals for your life and start working to achieve them. This will keep your mind foccussed and prevent your thoughts from getting scattered.

- Improve your social life. XXXXXXX friends and relatives, go for outings or group activities and keep yourself busy. If you keep staying alone in your room, you are more prone to engage in masturbation frequently.

- You can try yoga and meditation. This can help you develop a discipline of your mind and body and help you get a mastery over your thoughts and behaviours.

- Remove anything which triggers you into a mood to masturbate. For example, clear your room of all pornographic material; if you access internet pornography, you can disconnect your internet connection, etc.

- Stop thinking and feeling guilty about this all the time. The more you think about it, the more difficult it becomes to resist. So, get rid of the guilt in your mind and keep your mind relaxed.

In addition to these suggestions, personal counselling and psychotherapy may be required in dealing with your problem. There are effective psychological therapies like behaviour therapy, aversion therapy, hypnotherapy, etc. which can help you get control over any unwanted behaviours or practices.

Coming to your second issue of presence of semen in urine, since the urinary passage and the passage for semen are the same, sometimes there can be traces of semen in urine soon after masturbation. It is also possible that you could be having 'nightfalls' or nocturnal emmissions, which could have resulted in the presence of semen when you passed urine subsequently. Sometimes, urinary infections can also cause a whitish discolouration of urine, which can be mistaken for semen. You don't have to worry too much about this as it is not a serious medical problem. Drink plenty of fluids and eat a healthy, nutritious diet. This symptom will subside on its own soon. In case, it keeps persisting, then you may need further investigations.

Thirdly, regarding the size of the penis, it is important to understand that penis size is not a major factor influencing sexual performance. Many people have a doubts or an inferiority complex about their penis size. Actually it is this self-doubt which results in anxiety and fear, and this anxiety and fear itself can decrease your sexual performance. So, I would advise you not to worry about your penis size or feel insecure because of it.

In my opinion, you seem to be having excessive anxiety, self-doubts and fears regarding your sexual performance. Most of it seems to be arising from your guilt of excessive masturbation and the percieved impact of it. Based on my clinical experience and expertise, I can assure you that if you stop your unecessary anxiety, develop more control over your masturbatory addiction and improve your self-confidence, then all your problems will disappear and you will have a successful married life. So, I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist in your area for personal counselling and help.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Addicted to masturbation. Noticed sperm in urine. How to cure this problem? 15 minutes later
Really thanks for your reply, this is great relaxation and support for myself. As per your suggestion I will be doing the physical exercise daily and have good healthy food. So there is no need of any medical treatment for this problem. Semen in urine made myself too weak today.. really thanks and suggest some good nutrition foods items which increase my sperm and thickness..

I gained confidence that I can come of out this!..

I believe 100% on you, since your sexologist I have raised query to correct person. Because I have lots of dreams about my marriage life and wife!.. Since because of these I really suffering lot. I can able to come out this problem !..

And my semen is looking too thin and liquid, help me improve it..

And Let me know how long will take to get out for this?. And I planned my next year to get married!.. its ok that I can satisfy my wife and give birth to baby?
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 12 hours later
Hello again,

You don't need any specific medical treatment for your problem. If you take a healthy and nutritious diet, do regular exercise and stay relaxed and stress-free, you should be fine.

Try to follow this dietary advise:
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits
- Take more of vegetables - especially XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and sprouts
- Take a protein-rich diet - eggs, liver, etc. (if you are non-veg) or soya, XXXXXXX gram, channa dal, etc. (if you are veg)
- Drink at least 2 -3 litres of water per day
- Certain foods like gooseberry, honey, dates, almond nuts, dry fruits, etc. are XXXXXXX in vitamins and anti-oxidants and are good for healthy sexual functioning
- Avoid oily foods and fast foods
- Avoid smoking and alcohol (if you do)

Thin and watery semen could be due to excessive masturbation. Semen is composed of sperms and secretions from the seminal and prostate gland. So, excessive masturbation can cause these secretions and sperm content to decrease in quantity. But don't get too worried about this because the body regularly replenishes and regenerates the sperms and secretions, so, this will not affect your fertility.

If you follow the suggestions given properly, you will be able to come out of this problem soon, within 2 to 3 months. So, it should be quite okay to get married next year. You will not have any any problems with your partner or with having a baby.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor