Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Addicted to Alcohol and cannot sleep without drinking and gets hypertensive. How to overcome this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3622 Questions
My dad has became addicted to Alcool and he became very abusive lately. I spoke to him number of times but he says he can not sleep without drinking, he gets hypertension issues as well when does not drink. How should I handle the situation, I am confident I can tell him to visit some doctor. But which doctor, what kind of treatment, which specialist should I visit. is it safe? Please guide me....
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX medicine specialist

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

First I would recommend a visit to a XXXXXXX medicine specialist to assess his Hypertension status and rule out cardiac risk.

To help him in quitting the habit you may have to admit him in a de-addiction centre under a addiction medicine specialist.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Addicted to Alcohol and cannot sleep without drinking and gets hypertensive. How to overcome this? 5 hours later
You are referring to de additction specialist, is it psycahtrist or some other specialist...because there are so many doctors who claim de addiction treatment but have deifferent speciality...can you please help me to suggest which specialist will be suitable for mu dad's case..Thank You
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 40 hours later
Brief Answer:
Deaddiction specialist

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for late reply.

Yes, you are right as doctor of many specialties work as deaddiction specialists too.I suggest you to take your fat her to a deaddiction center where in well trained or experienced specialist would be available.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor