Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Acne scars removal, laser treatment, derma roller treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 988 Questions
this is XXXXXXX 24 yrs & i am having holes on face after pimple treatment. i want to remove these holes from my face.
I don't want any operation for this.
i want permanent treatment for this problem.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 4 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

There are various treatment available for acne scars (holes or pits on face).But unfortunately there is nothing magical about it.There are no creams or tablets which could help in this.

Once the injury has taken place because of the pimples ,there develops collagen and elastin fibers which tends to pull the skin down ,thus leading to pits and holes.
This can only be corrected by any ablative or non-ablative procedure.

There are certain procedures which you need to undergo to improve the look of the scars.
One of the best I would grade is LASERS ,which again can be of different types.

Ablative lasers would cause mild bleeding and abrasion on the skin and would take some time to heal.

Non-ablative lasers or semi-ablative lasers are the latest one used now a days at various laser clinics.These are also called Fractional lasers (either erbium or co2).
They require multiple sittings to achieve good result ,but has a zero down time ( bleeding & quick healing).

The next I can suggest you is a DERMA-ROLLER treatment.This is a devise or a small instrument which has number of needles in it. This is rolled on to the skin several times in various directions to cause collagen remodeling and thus give result.This too requires multiple sessions.

Subscission is another crude but simple method for treating XXXXXXX acne scars.

The choice of treatment depends upon the availability of the machines at your place and the expertise of the treating doctor.
XXXXXXX one more thing which I would like to mention here is that , all these procedures may give you good and permanent result ,but it may not be 100% .Usually these procedures give 70-80% result.You need to have a realistic expectation .

I would suggest you to consult a competent Dermatologist and a Laser expert for your problem ,who can offer you all these options and you can decide which one to go for.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.

Dr.Bharat chawda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor