Acne on face and back. Suggest medication

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i get acne on face and back and it left black scars it occurs frequently yes no alllergies
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please read a detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX thanks for writing to us. Acne in your case can be managed by these suggestions 1) take an oral antibiotic like doxycycline or azithromycin and/ or oral isotretinoin . As you are still having acne in mid thirties, a course of oral contraceptives with these medicines will help too. Isotretinoin is a wonder drug for acne but when a female is taking it, pregnancy is contraindicated. 2) use anti acne soap like acne star ls or benzosoft or personal for bathing 3) Apply clindamycin gel two times in a day and adapalene gel in night over affected area. dark marks post acne can be best managed by hydroquinone 2 percent cream application and Glycolic acid peels You may follow these for three weeks to a month to see if response is satisfactory. As these are prescription drugs, please consult a dermatologist nearby for prescription. I would be in better position to assist if you could upload images of affected area clearly showing acne and dark spots Should there be a doubt, please write back. Take care