Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Accidentally water entered into vagina. Will it cause any problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
My friend is getting scared of a problem for a long time. She was taking bath and suddenly water tap got broken and some water was went to her vagina forcefully. She is worrying everyday if anything will happen because of this. Could you please clarify in more detail her fear.
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 15 hours later
Brief Answer: nothing would happen Detailed Answer: Hi Please reassure your friend that there is nothing to worry about the incident. It is been very long time. The water cannot be stored inside her genital organs. It would definitely would trickle down by now. To confirm she can get an ultrasound of pelvis. Hope this answers her worries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Accidentally water entered into vagina. Will it cause any problem? 32 hours later
thanks doctor for the clarification.. but still she want to know.. what are all the parts present from outer layer of her secret part to inner and what are all the parts should be fine for pregnancy.. and because of this force water, will any of those parts gets affected. can you please clarify on this as well so that she will be more relaxed
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi From the superficial to the deep parts the order goes thus, vulva, vagina, cervix and Uterus to fallopian tube. The water could have entered vulva, vagina and negligibly beyond cervix. All the above parts should not be affected because of the above incident. All of them are important for a successful pregnancy esp fallopian tube, uterus.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor