Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Accidentally stuck a q tip in ear. Should I go to ER?

User rating for this question
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 784 Questions
I accidentally stuck a q tip too deep in my ear. Do I need to go to the emergency room
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Do visit ER if any hearing loss or bleeding Detailed Answer: Hi, it depends upon the depth to which you have entered the tip in ear. If there is lot of pain, associated bleeding and some amount of hearing loss, do visit the ER as some minor intervention will help in closing the any inadvertent perforation you may have caused with the bud. If no associated symptoms, then, you can visit the ENT in the morning. Meanwhile please keep ear dry and do not put any ear drops, take an analgesic if there is pain still. regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor