Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Accidentally drank small amount of kerosene. Feel sick, what should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I am 66 years old. Accidentally drank a small amount of kerosene. Feel sick, what should I do without going to a doctor?
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 19 minutes later
Hi bedikk,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
In fact the kerosene poisoning leads to such gory complications in a sizable proportion of the patients that going to a doctor is indispensable advice and going to the doctor late is also like not going at all.
save time and money on other fronts, nothing is more important than life.
You should not attempt to vomit or sleep or lying down because by these mistakes the kerosene enter the lungs and starts the complications.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor