Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Absence of periods. How can the pregnancy test be confirmed?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 5143 Questions
Hi.. My wife period is due for 5 days.. how to confirm that she is pregnant or not.. She has checked with Doctor's choice pregnancy meter and its negative. Please tell me how to check....

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 29 minutes later
Hi there.

Thanks for the reply.

You have provided with good information and I appreciate it. In order to guide you appropriately, I will need a few more details regarding your problem, so please answer the following questions in as much detail as possible.

Has your wife's period been delayed ? When was your wife's last period ?

Is your wife on any medication ?

Has she had any irregular periods ?

Cause for delayed periods could be due to stress, hormonal problem, ovarian problems, uterus pathology etc.

Pregnancy is the commonest cause of absent periods. It may sometimes be associated with nausea, vomiting, weakness, increased urination frequency etc. but confirmation can only be done with Urine pregnancy test and also laboratory hCG testing.

Kindly do consult her Gynecologist for the above mentioned tests if pregnancy is suspected. Proper clinical examination and ultrasound scan may be necessary to confirm pregnancy or any other cause of this clinical picture.

Kindly do respond to the above queries.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor