About a year ago, I had an echo that was
It's not serious at present
It's not serious at present. But, it progresses and needs surgery in majority, however not universal. It's variable and not predictable, so whether you need surgery or not is a matter of time.
Till date, there is no treatment available to reduce the progression. So, at present there is no treatment indicated and just need to monitor it with echo every few years. However, should have healthy lifestyle like low oily and calorie diet. Also, get your lipid profile tested and if deranged then needs treatment which may help in reduction in progression.
Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and nausea
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is an iron infusion advisable when having normal blood report?
- What causes intermittent chest pain?
- Suggest treatment for bronchospasm
- Can coumadin be taken before a thoracic aorta CTA procedure?
- What causes frequent heart palpitations during pregnancy?
- What does my angiogram result report indicate?
- Is blood pressure of 125/72 a cause for concern?
- What does my TLC result report indicate?