About 2 weeks ago I used Head and shoulders instead
Probably a contact dermatitis from the shampoo use.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms seem to be related to a an allergic reaction from the soap.
I recommend to use cool compresses in the area.
An ice pack or another cool compress can relieve irritation.
I also recommend d to use a moisturizer such as Calmine lotion to relieve the symptoms.
I suggest to wash the area regularly with a non-irritating, soap-free cleanser.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dermatitis can appear even with minimal redness.
Hj again dear,
Dermatitis can be present even with minimal redness.
Urine can irritate the area due to the acidity.
I suggest to follow the advice that I give above for relief.
The symptoms may last a few days.
It is important to avoid contact with irritating cleansers.
Feel free to contact me again for further clarification.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?