Able to see and feel pulse at the base of neck. BP, EKG and MRA normal. Should I be worried?

Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol

Cardiologist, Interventional

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I can see my pulse at the base of my neck and feel it with my fingers. I first noticed it about 6 months ago. I am overweight, normal BP, normal EKG, normal MRA (it was done about 10 months ago for a different reason). Should I worry about this? It is really visible after exercise and just a little at other times. My typical resting heartrate is about 70bpm.
I am a 32 year old female. GERD is my only known issue.
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 1 hour later
Looking at your overall description and information it doesn't look like anything significant or important. Also your reports are normal. Majority of the times it is normal finding. However if you any leg swelling abdominal swelling or easy fatigue than you need to careful and have cardiac evaluation and Echo and ECG.

let me know if you have further concerns.