Abdominal pain with vaginal discharge. Feeling nausea. HPT negative. Any Advice?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hello , I have abdominal pain, vaginal discharges , and also I get my face numb sometimes, specially the left side. I have felt nauseas during this period. I've done many pregnancy test and they are all negative.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Thanks for query.

I had gone through your history in detail. The complaints you are having may be due to Pelvic Infection, related to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) or mixed vaginal/ urethral infection.
Facial numbness may be due to hormonal imbalance particularly hypothyroid state, neuropathy (related to previous neck/facial injury), Vitamin B12 deficiency/stress/Migraine/Diabetes etc.

You may require investigations like Ultrasonography (USG) lower abdomen, Thyroid profile, Complete STD profile, Blood test for Total Count/Differential Count of WBC, ESR, Blood Sugar (PPBS), Urine routine & microscopic examination and Test for Vaginal & Cervical secretion to rule out underlying pathology and confirm the diagnosis.

Please do consult your gynecologist to take suggestive measures according to reports.

You may require medication for abdominal cramps. You also may need to take complete course of Antibiotics.

Please do the following.
- Maintain genital hygiene.
- Take a healthy diet with Vitamin supplements.
- Try to avoid stress by regular XXXXXXX breathing/ yoga.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan